last Date Of Reg.14 Apr, 2018
Start04 May, 2018
End09 Jun, 2018
No. Student25 availabilities
About the course
Statistical Research Consultants Bangladesh (SRCBD) is offering 06-weeks long a certified training course on “Statistics with Stata” . It gives you a nice opportunity to learn the basic and advanced theory of statistics and application of statistics with Stata simultaneously. This course will be facilitated by qualified & experienced professional statisticians from different organizations of Bangladesh.
Course Venue: UYS Lab, Colombia Super Market (04th Floor), Wireless Gate, 31 Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka (Besides Titumir College).
This course is suitable for mid and junior level researchers or research students in any organization: government, public, private, marketing and NGOs. Officials of Research & Development Wing (RND) of any organization and education researchers or research students in educational institutions like colleges, universities and training institutes can also join.
What you will learn
1. Introduction to Stata: Overview of STATA Console, Data entry, enter categorical and continuous data, imputing raw data files, exporting data files, Variable and Data Type, Types of Stata files, Do file, Log file.
2. Data Management & formatting with Stata: Labeling data, variables, and values creating and recoding variables, generating variables and observations, combining data files, Examining the Data, Modifying Datasets, Renaming and reordering variables, dropping and replacing variables.
3. Different Graphs with Stata: Creating and describing basic and advanced statistical graphs & charts, Bar diagram, Component Bar Diagram, Stacked Bar Diagram, Pie Chart, Line diagram, Histogram, Scatter Diagram, Box & Whisker plot.
4. Exploratory Data Analysis with Stata: Summary Statistics, Frequency distribution, One-way table, Two-way tables (Crosstable), Descriptive Statistics, Measures of Central Tendency, Measures of Dispersion, Measures of Distribution (Skewness & Kurtosis).
5. Hypothesis Testing with Stata: Statistical hypothesis, Null hypothesis, Alternative hypothesis, Simple hypothesis, Composite hypothesis, One-tailed test, Two-tailed test, Test statistic, p-value, One sample t-test, Two-sample t-test, Independent sample t-test,
6. Hypothesis Testing with Stata-2: Proportion test, One-sample test of proportion, Two-sample test of proportion, Measures of Association, Chi-square test, Fisher's exact test, Analysis of Variance (ANOVA).
7. Correlation analysis with Stata: Correlation analysis, Pearson’s Correlation Coefficient, Spearmen Correlation Coefficient.
8. Statistical modeling with Stata: Regression analysis, Regression Coefficient, Coefficient of Determination, Simple linear regression analysis, Multiple Regression Analysis.
9. Univariate Time Series Analysis with Stata: Smoothing, Time plots, Lags & Differences, Stationarity, Correlograms, Autocorrelation function (ACF), Partial Autocorrelation (PACF), ARMA Model, ARIMA Model
10. Logistic regression & Survival Models with Stata: Binary Logistic Regression Analysis, Kaplan-Meier Survivor Functions, Cox Proportional Hazard Models
11. Bivariate Time Series Analysis with Stata : Diagnosis with econometric models, Autocorrelation, Multicollinearity, Heteroskedasticity, Cointegration Modeling, Vector Autoregressive (VAR) Models, Johansen Cointegration procedure, Vector Error Correction Model (VECM), Granger Causality Test
12. Overview of the Stata Program
-->Photo Session, Course Evaluation and Certificate giving ceremony
A Continuous help from the facilitators about basic knowledge of statistics and computing. The certificate will be given after successful completion of the coursework. Resourceful materials on each topic. Stata software for the course and further research for individuals. AC classroom with a computer for each participant.