1. To provide adequate, relevant, reliable and timely statistics to facilitate research, discussion, planning and decision making within the government and in the community.
2. To ensure that the compilation and dissemination of statistics are in accordance with scientific principles, professional ethics and international standards.
3. To provide a broad range of statistical services to help scholars conduct better research.
4. To provide advice and instruction to improve the capacity of scholars to use statistical methods.
5. To provide an environment for statistics students to participate, under supervision, in consulting and improve their consulting skills.